Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Home Grown Goodness {Installment 2}

I have a special recipe for you today, Dreamers :) This is a dish that my family craves every summer until our potatoes and green beans are FINALLY ready to enjoy. I am talking about Beans Bacon and Potatoes! Yep, it is exactly what it sounds like (we didn't get too creative with the name). A culmination of fresh green beans, home grown potatoes, and pork from an Iowan raised hog, this is one of my all time favorites <3

Beans Bacon and Potatoes
  • Approx. 2 lbs Fresh Green Beans
  • 1 lb Bacon
  • 8-10 Medium Potatoes 
  1. Boil water in a large pot
  2. Wash, peel and halve potatoes
  3. Cut slices of bacon into thirds
  4. Wash and snap off the ends of fresh green beans
  5. Add potatoes to the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
  6. After the potatoes boil for 5 minutes, add bacon
  7. Let boil for 5 more minutes before adding beans
  8. After 10-15 minutes (or until potatoes are thoroughly cooked), remove from heat
  9. Let cool and serve with a slotted spoon

PS I like to mash my potatoes with my fork and add a little butter and salt :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment